Horrible Science: Chemical Chaos
Chemistry. It’s the most horrible part of science. The part that’s most likely to make you say “UGH.” Chemistry can cause chaos in your brain. Even your teacher knows it! But let’s forget the fiendish formulas for now, and take a look at the nasty bits you REALLY want to know about – the nasty bubbling green mixtures, the vile and poisonous potions, the horrible smells, bangs and blasts. Discover:
- how the first chemists – “alchemists” – really searched for the Philosopher’s Stone
- what suspect substances lurk in your school dinner
- the sickening stench of the world’s worst stink bomb
- which cruel chemical gases killed soldiers in the war
- how rotten reactions can blow you away
- which awful acids will eat you alive
Flash a formula. Wave a test-tube. Potions bubble. Things go bang! It’s not magic. You’re not at Hogwarts. You’ve just read Chemical Chaos!
soooo funny i love this book and all it’s series! it’s a really fun way to learn about chemicals. you don’t even have to like art, science or be good at either one of them to like this series. hope you like this book and i recommend all the other books in the series too!
6 March 2013
Chemicals are cool and atoms make me learn more. i cant wait to finish a diffient horrible science.
11 December 2012