Horrible Science: Vicious Veg
Vegetables. They’re green. They’re gross. They’re grotty. They make you feel queasy. But do you know all there is to discover about vile vegetables and other types of vicious vegetation? Read on for some foul facts that’ll really make you sick! You’ll find out:
- which vegetables are really fruits in disguise (not that you’d be fooled)
- how plants suck out the insides of dead insects
- why stinging nettles feed off old skeletons
- which fungi can make your toes drop off
- how poisonous pond algae can kill you. (Fancy a dip?)
The whole vile truth about vicious, violent, villainous veg. It’s bloomin’ amazing – if you can stomach it!
This book taught me a lot about all the plants that can kill you, for example some types of fungi. Now I know that I should watch out if I’m going to be picking plants that I don’t know the species. I am going to give this book five stars.
3 November 2013