My Story: Mill Girl
Say hello to yesterday without a Tardis. Discover My Story: the series where history gets real. Manchester, 1842. Something terrible has happened. Eliza is to start at the mill on Monday. She’s heard dreadful things about the huge textile mills that are sweeping across Britain, turning it into an industrial nation. People say the work is tough and the conditions atrocious. Now Eliza must find out for herself. Will she still be Eliza – or just a pair of factory hands?
- A fascinating fictional diary from a best-loved series
- A vivid first-hand account of the Industrial Revolution
- Captures how it felt to live through this turbulent time
- Inspiring historical reading that supports the curriculum
- Hugely popular series with over a million copies sold